Destination: Philadelphia (your weekend getaway travel guide)
There are many destinations that make for an amazing weekend getaway, Philadelphia is one of those places. Philadelphia is often a forgotten destination but it has much to offer. The City of Brotherly Love is full of history, culture, and activities that are sure to keep anyone busy for a weekend. From visiting the Liberty Bell to enjoying a Philly Cheesesteak, Philadelphia has it all.
Philadelphia is a destination Weeklander offers through subscription travel.
There are several options for hotels in the city center. If you are a member of a hotel's rewards program there are many chain hotels such as Marriott or Hilton to choose from. If you travel to Philadelphia through Weeklander's subscription travel you will have the opportunity to stay in a boutique hotel such as the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.
Things to Do
Philadelphia is full of things to do and many of the most well-known attractions are free. While this is not an exhaustive list of things to do in Philadelphia here are a few must-visit places:
1. Independence Hall - Offers free tours daily 8:30 am to 6 pm. A limited amount of tickets are distributed each day and are available at the Visitors Center. More information can be found here.
2. Liberty Bell - The Liberty Bell Center is open from 9 am to 5 pm and is free, no tickets required. More information can be found here.
3. Reading Terminal Market - Enjoy an authentic Philly Cheesesteak or browse the more than 80 different vendors in this market. It opened in 1893 and is referred to as America's oldest farmers market. More information can be found here.
4. Museums - Philadelphia boast of several museums and no visit is complete with a visiting a few. To name a couple, there are Barnes Foundation, The Franklin Institute, The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Rodin Museum, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
5. Penn's Landing - The Delaware River waterfront at Penn's Landing has been revitalized and always seems to have something going on including festivals, concerts, and free movies. Definitely, a place to plan into your visit.
The Philadelphia International Airport is a hub for American Airlines and offers non-stop service to the majority of major U.S. cities. There are several options for transportation once you arrive in Philadelphia. A light rail line connects the airport to the city center and costs $6.75 for a one way trip to the city center. It is approximately a 20-minute train ride from the airport to the city center. A variety of other transportation options are available as well including car rentals, taxis, Uber, and Lyft. For more information visit the airport's website. Once you get to the city center it is very walkable.
Philadelphia is one of many destinations on Weeklander's subscription travel. Check out our subscription travel packages and make travel your new normal.
If you would like more information on Philadelphia or other destinations please contact us and we would be happy to help you find what you are looking for.