7 Excuses *Ahem* Benefits of Taking Vacation
I know, I know, who needs an excuse to take a vacation? Obviously, no one! But in case you needed a little motivation to break yourself away from the monotony of the daily grind we have a few reasons you should take a vacation. Coincidentally, they are perfect excuses to use when your boss heckles you for taking time off.
- Reduces stress. This might be a no brainer but studies show travel will reduce your stress. So, if you’re wound up like a cuckoo clock perhaps a vacation is just the remedy you need.
- Makes you more productive. According to the New York Times vacation will increase your productivity. Now if that isn’t the perfect excuse for taking a vacation I don’t know what is. Hint: convince your boss of this and maybe he will pay for it too… Yeah right.
- Makes you more creative. Taking a vacation gives you time to step away from things and see them in a new perspective. It jump starts your creativity and allows for innovation. Heck, Starbucks wouldn’t be in your life if it wasn’t for the founder having an epiphany on vacation.
- Improves your mental health. The Chicago Tribune reports that our brains don’t have the energy reserves to continually focus on work. We must take time to allow our brains to reset.
- Builds relationships. Don’t want to travel alone? Don’t forget your significant other! Or you could take a friend or family. Either way, traveling builds those relationships and strengthens those bonds.
- Improves our physical health. Vacation not only improves your mental health, it also improves your physical health. Studies have shown that those who vacation regularly have a lower chance of having a heart attack, have less pain, and higher energy levels. So, vacation and run circles around your competition.
- You’ll live longer. Studies show that those who take vacations live longer and are happier than those who do not. Really, I don’t know what other excuse you need beyond that one to go, so we’ll just leave it at seven excuses.
With benefits this amazing vacation should be accessible to everyone. Weeklander, a subscription travel service, is making regular vacation accessible and affordable through subscription travel. Don’t like the stress of planning a vacation? No worries, they will do that for you. Want to have a little more control? They accommodate that as well. Weeklander hasn’t launched yet but they will be soon. Check out their website for updates and join their waitlist!